About Children research
We put children at the heart of our work and ensure the delivery of children’s research involves and works with children throughout its design and development.
Over the last eight years we’ve developed the Young Persons’ Advisory Group, which is becoming increasingly influential in helping to improve the design and delivery of children’s clinical research studies.
We support and deliver clinical research involving children that includes:
- Clinical trials
- Randomised controlled trials and other high quality research of new and established medicines for children
- Screening, diagnosis and the development of prognostic tools including imaging
- Interventions such as behavioural interventions and medical devices
- Studies on normal development and the pathogenesis, monitoring and prevention of disease
- Cohort studies and the effect of lifestyle factors such as diet, nutrition and exercise
We’ve developed Clinical Studies Groups to cover the different specialty areas within child health. Find out more about CSGs.
We also bring the children’s research community together across two key areas: